Thursday, December 18, 2008

"When Life Gives You Lemons............."

4 1/2 years ago I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis. Basically my immune system thinks the tissue around my joints is a disease and is constantly attacking them. Lovely! Let's just say I have to get pretty creative at doing the everyday tasks.

Last night I couldn't straighten my left middle finger. I slept with it like this ALL NIGHT LONG!
But don't cry for me Argentina. Membership has it's privileges! I was able to do the "rock on" sign!
And since my middle finger on my right hand wouldn't bend, it made for a mean game of "paper rock scissors"!
Some of my top reasons on why having RA can be cool!

1. I'm pretty sure I qualify for a handicap sticker for my car. hmmmm..I still need to look into that!
2. My husband gets to scrub the tub.
3. People carry things for me.
4. If Reese wakes up in the middle of the night Trav changes her and brings her to me! Love you babe!
5. People always offer me the most comfortable seat for my tush!
6. I never have to open my own water bottle. I'm kind of like a celebrity!
7. I can squeeze shampoo out of the bottle with my hip and the shower wall. (Letterman keeps wanting me to come but I just don't think it's appropriate!)
8. If I can't stand up on my own, someone will pick me up....thanks again babe!
9. Old arthritic people dig me!
10. It's taught me patience...kind of!

Stay tuned for a future post when I show off my lovely toes and the circus act they are!

20 comments:

Charity said...

Jill, I love you and your fabulousness!!! Let's get together for some lemonade!

Peggy said...

I don't know if I could be as positive as you. You're a celebrity in my book!

Cordell and McCall said...

Well it is no news that your hubby and everyone who loves you treats you like a celebrity! You are! You are so wonderful Jill and I have looked up to you since I was little and sleeping over at your house! You are so beautiful and have such an amazing attitude! I need to get off my can and do things with a much better attitude! You are amazing! Thanks for your example!

SummerV said...

I happened to hop over to your blog from Travis blog and wanted to leave two little comments;
1. You DO have a great attitude, Melissa mentioned to Kris and I a while ago that you had athritis but I didn't realize how bad it was, I am so sorry that you have to deal with that.
2. You and your family are beautiful!
3. Oh I guess I had three comments. I got online at Walmart for the princess castle..sold out! But I did get the little market for $15 so thanks for the heads up!

Lena Baron said...

Making lemonade is sometimes the only way to get through life's trials. A lot of people make some pretty sour lemonade! But yours is SWEEET! Thank you for sharing your sweetness!:) You do know that I'm the Lena Hunt from high school right?:)

M+J=K3+E said...

Man, anyone who can find positives about RA must rock! Too bad it is your bird finger that is broken-sometimes that comes in handy while driving in the snow :)

Rachel said...

I didn't know that! Well--good for you for being able to laugh about it. My aunt has RA so I have seen how painful it can be.

Lena Baron said...

Hi Jill, I was thinking about it, I'll bet you're pretty sore during the winter... I'm sorry! Good Luck!
Just follow this blog and if you see something on the others that catches your eye, check it out:) http://www.llbaronfamily.blogspot.com

Kimberly said...

How about you not make me cry? Ok.
Thanks.
Love you.
One more reason it pays to have RA...your sister gives you awesome massages...though it's been a while.

melissa said...

Jill, that makes me so sad! I would have done the dishes the other night for you had I known it was so bad.

Unknown said...

jill--i just love you!

my h*, that picture is ever so gorgeous of you!

:)
*i haven't been able to swear since september. you understand, right?

Kris said...

Wow Jill, I had no idea. What a trooper you are. I love your positivity. :)

Marianne said...

You are a seriously amazing lady. How lucky your family is to have you as a wife and mom.

THE KLUNKERS said...

I'm sorry to hear that. I think about you all the time and wonder how you are feeling. I hope you are feeling better today.

Kelly said...

I just got caught up on all of your posts. I have been out of the blogging loop for a while. My computer went crazy. Way to be optimistic girl. Your Christmas card is sooo cute!

Unknown said...

You are awesome. I sure wish that you would rely on your "stay-at-home-mom neighbor" to help you a little more. Really.

Ali said...

What I love so much about this post is your wonderful sense of humor...........just the way you took the photos and talked about things........was such a delightful way to "look at life!" I need to be more like YOU!!

Carnan said...

Jill, you're awesome! I love your half full outlook on life, but I'd bet the farm you had celebrity status before and people were lining up to open your water bottle!

Hilton Cowboys said...

I've always known you were cool but you still surprise me! How do you snap onsies- they're even hard for me! You are AMAZING!

L and T said...

Um Jill, its time to post some pics of Jessie in her castle