Thursday, February 12, 2009

Heartbreaker!


I've always been the mom who had to take her little girl by the hand and walk her into preschool. All the other kids seemed to race out of their cars as if they couldn't wait to leave their parents. Oh how I wished my little Jessie would do that. Why did she need me to walk her in EVERY time? Well, my day has come.

Last Tuesday on the way to preschool she told me she wanted to walk in "ALL BY MYSELF". Of course I was so excited and proud of her! But as she gave me a kiss and ran up the driveway my heart sunk! When did she get so big!?!

10 comments:

Peggy said...

They grow up way too fast, don't they?

Kelly said...

Definitely bitter sweet!

M+J=K3+E said...

At least she did it for this long. Kaleb didn't want to the first day and hasn't wanted me to go on any field trips yet :)

Kris said...

OH!! What a milestone that is much too sad for mommies. Rachel still shows me the tugs and tears...but the others are out of there when it's time to go. ;) Cute picture of her by the way- what a sweetie.

Carnan said...

The biggest tear jerker for me was kindergarten, but they'll still do this need you, don't need you thing. My teenagers still do it all the time. . . "come in with me", "stay in the car", etc. And of course, when they want me to come with them is when I didn't wear shoes! AAH!

Rachel said...

Seriously! My kids have never been attached at the hip. Sometimes I just wish I would get a few tears when I leave them. They grow up too fast!

melissa said...

My preschooler goes to Kindergarton this year

[sniff sniff]

Cordell and McCall said...

OH they get too big too fast! I know that Jackson won't care at all about leaving me for that old yellow school bus! I will be lucky if I get a picture of him dashing onto the bus! So At least you had her for as long as you did! So precious!

Joy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheryl -N- Kids said...

She is such a cutie. Watch out the next step comes way to fast.