Thursday, August 21, 2008

Funny Memory



Occasionally we put a "pull up" on Jessica while she is sleeping if we couldn't get her to go to the bathroom before going to bed. One recent night as Trav and I were getting into bed, Trav told me that he had put a "pull up" on Jessie. So off to sleep we go. In the middle of the night Jessie comes in our room crying because she has peed. During her crying Reese woke up so I was taking care of her while Trav was handling Jessie. The next day our conversation went like this:

Me: "I'm so confused, I thought you put a pull up on Jessie before you came to bed. Why did she pee all over?"

Travis: "I know, I don't get it either. I put a pull up on her. It must have leaked out. (then the funny part) Does Nemo go on the front or the back"?

Me: (laughing), "Oh honey, you put a "swimmer" on her"!

Travis: "You can't put them in the same drawer"!

TOO FUNNY!! It puts a smile on my face every time I think about it! I love you babe!

14 comments:

Kelly said...

Men and thier simple little minds!

Rachel said...

Dads are the cutest! I love that story! It reminds me of the time that I came home from a meeting and Kevin was supergluing Anistyn's finger because she had cut it. I said "you can't glue her finger...she needs stitches!" He said "my Dad used to do it to me all the time!" Dads are cute! (:

melissa said...

HA Ha! Just tells you how much those "swimmers" actually absorb. Think of that next time your'e in a public pool.

Tami said...

That is so funny!! I got a good laugh. Yeah, those swimmer diapers don't work unless they are wet to begin with. :)

Unknown said...

Just gotta love it don't you?

Kris said...

Oh, I laughed so hard reading that because I can totally relate! I'm going to remember that one for a long time...just wait Travis for the next family get-together. (Mike will side with you though I'm sure.) :)

Jene and Megan said...

Such a man thing!! haha!!

Unknown said...

Jill, if you haven't already, check out nicole's blog on mine.

Peggy said...

So funny! You gotta love dads.

Kimberly said...

We had a good laugh! Thanks!

Unknown said...

Pretty funny. Thanks for the laugh.

Cordell and McCall said...

SO FUNNY!!!! I can go to sleep with a smile on my face...right after I check camerons diaper lol!

Unknown said...

ha ha! that made me laugh!

Fam in Real Life said...

LOVE IT!! I think I've had the same conversation with Dustin. I swear he has even said, "Don't put them in the same drawer." LOL lori