Thursday, September 11, 2008

Fall is in the air!!!

I love fall! Who doesn't love wearing sweaters and putting pumpkins on their doorstep?! When this cooler weather starts to come I can't help but make one of my favs....apple crisp. Give this recipe a try. I actually double it because it's so scrumptious and I can't help but eat half of it before I actually bake it. Heck, let's be honest, sometimes it doesn't get baked at all because we devour it! I like to make loads of it and stick it in the freezer and eat it right out of the freezer bag. I'm starting to salivate just thinking about it. Okay, here it is.

APPLE CRISP
2 cups brown sugar
1 1/3 cups flour
1 1/3 cups oatmeal (the quick oats kind)
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
16 tablespoons of butter (I know, I know, don't think about it, just do it)

sprinkle over apples, peaches, whatever and bake for 30 minutes at 350

Oh yes, another thing I like to do with it is put some in a bowl, microwave it and plop some ice cream on.

ENJOY!

On a side note: Is it bad when your 3 year old skips to time out?

10 comments:

Brammer Family said...

Make sure Travis gets a whole bunch to himself!

*wink wink*

Shari said...

Yeah, I'm glad that you posted the recipe. I am definitely making this one. By the way, I laughed to myself when I pictured Jessie skipping to time out. What a HAM!

Unknown said...

my stomach just growled. and then it gurgled. it really did. make some of this and bring it to me stat. ok, ok, i'm going to the store so i can make this. i can almost smell it. i bet it smells good, huh?

your side note at the end of your post cracked me up because i was just thinking that same thing yesterday (what a coincidence). i think our daughters were bosom buddies and planned out their mommy torture or something in the pre-existence... or something.

Unknown said...

I was actually going to tell you to post that recipe yesterday! I'm not kidding! We are on the same crazy brain wave or something! Did I ever tell you about the racoon in my backyard that ate that yummy stuff? He devoured it! Who knew, racoons love fall too!

Kelly said...

I never knew we shared a love for apple crisp! I look forward to making it every fall! Yum, love it!

Kris said...

Thanks for sharing! We have 4 fuly mature apples trees in our yard so needless to say, I've got a lot of apples to use! This is the "off" year, and yet we still will have plenty to share!

Rachel said...

YUMMY!!!! Thanks for sharing. K--I can't quit laughing...skipping to timeout??? So cute!!!!

Fam in Real Life said...

You are the best blogger ever! The best stories. Way to go Sparkles, Skip to timeout. You crack me up! :)

Cordell and McCall said...

oh yummy! We have already done the peach cobbler thing so this recipe will be awesome!!! I love apple crisp! I love the skipping to time -out! that is not a problem I have ever had so I would love it lol!

Taneill said...

thank you for sharing the recipe. Your apple crisp is very very good!

Taneill