Friday, September 5, 2008

Talk nicely

Don't you love the "sayings" your kids pick up from you? The other night at the dinner table the adults were talking, I don't remember what about, but Jessie shook her head and said "HONESTLY"! I guess I say that and it's something she's picked up on. She's really starting to talk to Reese the way we do. The other day I could hear her in the other room saying, "hello my dear" and "dos you gots a full tummy?" SO CUTE! Although, I do remember a time when I was trying to paint her toes quickly before church and spilling the polish on the carpet and saying "Oh H*$#!" and she muttered that right back to me! GASP! Since then we really have to be careful about what we say. One of her favorite words is "perfect". I say it to her all the time. "No honey, let's wear that dress, it fits you perfectly", or "Perfect, that's how you do it "! So around our house this week, we have a new saying "I love you perfectly". Oh melt my heart! I love it. The picture below is one that Jessie took of me yesterday after preschool. She wanted to take a picture of me wearing the bracelet she made there. Thank you Jessie Kate, I love you PERFECLTY!










11 comments:

dawn inga said...

How cute are you? What does it say about me that my kids say, "Oh crap" and "Holy Hannah?" I seriously love you and I think of you and our seminary days all the time! I'm going to be in Utah in October, we should totally go to lunch!

Shari said...

I can't say enough how much I love Jessie!! She is one of the cutest smartest...and funniest little girls I know!

Unknown said...

oh, jill :)
i think i have a tear after reading that post. you're probably thinking "why?" probably because you say "he@#" sometimes too! that's so cute!

jessie is such a cute. we really do need to get our girls together. it seems they have a lot in common.

i really enjoy reading your cute stories!

Rachel said...

That is so cute! Isn't it funny how when your kids start imitating you it's both funny and scary? (:

melissamarchant said...

I love that! Could you say I love you any more perfectly? :) She is so adorable! Isn't it funny how they pick up on the littlest things.

Kelly said...

I love it, so cute! I will never forget the day that Hayden said Damn in primary a few years ago. I was totally busted so watch out you potty mouth!

Kris said...

Oh, what a sweet post! It's a good thing you're keeping record of all of this, because those are such great things to always remember! I just love that "perfectly" phrase!

Taneill said...

hey Jill-
I hate to ask this but Megan wanted an invite to our blog so can you either give me her email or tell her to email me at tthurgood@gmail.com. Thank you!!!

Taneill

Jene and Megan said...

I wish I said cute things like that when I was little. My mom told me that I once asked her this..."Mom, what is a boil on the butt of humanity?" I guess they had just watched the movie Steel Magnolias and that was the one line I picked up on. Sweet, huh?

Unknown said...

you swear?

Fam in Real Life said...

a little one once asked. "Mommy, will you write down all the naughty words. That way I know which ones not to say." Then what ya do? Love you perfectly!!