Friday, September 19, 2008

A Welcome Change




Jessie is my "princess"! She loves everything about them. You could say she is obsessed! Lately we've had modesty issues. It's amazing that a 3 year old can be so consumed about what is modest and what isn't. The other day while we were sitting outside she said, "mom, why do we have to be modest?" I went on to tell her that we need to cover our body and that it makes me and Heavenly Father happy. She nodded in agreement and then went on to say. "Mom, I'm going to be modest, I'm going to make Santa happy!" Boy, whoever it takes I'll tell ya!

This past week a welcome change has come into our home. Pollyana! Do you remember this fun show? I loved it growing up. Nana checked it out at the library for her a week ago and she is loving it. Finally, something for her to watch that I don't need to worry about what half naked fashion statement she is going to make out of it. Here she is in what she calls her "Pollyana" outfit ( I think mostly because of the yellow ribbon) watching the movie and helping me make a yummy treat!

11 comments:

Rachel said...

I LOVE Pollyanna! I saw something about it the other day and I have been wanting to get it for Anistyn ever since!

Cordell and McCall said...

how cute is that? Sounds like a great teaching moment...that you aced!! I love those moments! She is such a doll!

Jene and Megan said...

The pregnant lady just wants to know what treats you are making? they look yummy!! hahaha!!

Kristin Gardner said...

Hey! I found your blog! I didn't even know you had one. You have such a cute little family! Don't you love having another little one around the house. It's amazing how suddenly you have a new addition to the family but you can't even begin to image life now without them. You are such a good mother and your girls are so lucky to have you!

Taneill said...

sadly I have never watched Pollyanna...but I borrowed it from my mom's house and my girls watched about 20 minutes of it and were done with it. So I guess I will have to sit down with them and watch it. Jessie is so cute!

Kelly said...

That Jessie is a doll! I am extatic that you found Lacy! It will be fun to be in touch with her.

Unknown said...

We need a little "Polyanna" our way. If Averie ever comes home, I'll have to borrow that one!

Carnan said...

Jill, you and your family are SO cute! We are huge Pollyanna fans here and actually it was one child's required reading this summer to help her "cultivate" a glad attitude. Sure, go ahead and guess which one...yep, that's the one. :-)

Charity said...

I think you my dear are the hot mama!

Kris said...

What a sweetie! We love Pollyana! You know another good series my girls love watching are the Shirley Temple movies. Very sweet!

Ashleigh said...

Pollyanna! That's hilarious! It's true though, those princesses are horrible! One Christmas Addison wanted a Jasmine doll and I resisted due to the extreme modesty issues there. Especially because she kept saying things like you know Jasmine with the tummy hanging out and her shoulders. She now has a Jasmine but she says things like, where's my Jasmine, you know the one that's not modest. Is that really any better though. Pollyanna though, they just don't make that in those little plastic doll sets with the different clothes. Love it! See you tomorrow night, right!?